My Realm

Meet me - know me - read my posts and try to figure me! Well I am someone who is always thirsty for adventure, someone who simply hates playing sheep(u know the types - follow the herd!). An enthusiastic trekker, who loves to travel and ever ready for one of those wierd new found sports- luv to make new friends and njoy being my family's pet :)!

Monday, March 27, 2006

The Usual Burden...

Work started to take its toll on me. Well I had some goals set for things to be done, but with a fading group and other polictics it was impossible for me to do anything in all of my daily 10+ hrs of relentless boredom weekdays.

So I sorta deided to take it down to the weekend. Well Saturday I tried to do some stuff but could not- my parents wanted me to buy a house(and this has been going along for loong) and so I followed sheep and just kept accepting evrything they wanted me to with no arguments. They were happy I was content.

Sunday I decided no matter what I will have to goto office and complete a set of tasks that have been rotting on my plate for loong!

Problem 1. There was this issue where in the stuff behaved differently on 2 different architectures. There was no reason for it to do so- but it did! Well why I dunno but for some reason HPUX(IA arch) looks up for specific itched-named libs (THE ROOT PROBLEM) while HPUX(PA arch) does not bother about these itched-names. I was boggled by this and so was everyone who heard of this. If I did not solve this issue soon, I would be like standing naked admist a stadium full of spectators!
So wallah!.. hunting a lot on all possible sites on the web (and taking a lead from one of my MTV collegue -Raghu) it drilled down to the fact, the way the library was generated -some stupid "+h" engraved a specific name into the libarary and that led to all the fuss! So problem solved (Still I dunno why the architecture have to behave so differently!)

Problem 2. Was very easy to solve- it was raised by a TEST team and I could simply wave the issue off for the fact that the machine on which the problem ocured was not appropriately configured(So problem solved!) :-D. I wish everything could be done this way!

Problem 3. Needed some log debugging and code walk throughs before I arrived to the conclusion that the solving this problem was not my cup of tea, since it originated from a source which is coded in a language unknown to me and also for the fact that I am no GUI person. Well so I had the problem pin-pointed and shifted the pointer to the appropriate person!

It was a satisffying day today... Well though rotting my day at office , I atleast got the problems solved. Now I can be at say some +20% rest over the week, provided I am not bogged down again with unwanted clerical work and stupid political offtrack diplomatic sarcastic unenthusiastic (or should I say unwanted overenthusiastic) descussions and meetings!

Well I have a week to look forward to - atleast I can be happy this week that the Big Boss is coming to town and so all the managers will be away doing their own cha-cha around the Boss.

Did they write us in a mail - "be there for the inaugral ceremony at the hands of the boss and be in formals "or something- pleasssee! I have done my bit - let them do theirs. Im no shopkeeper!

Atleast now I have 2 CD drives more and 2 floppy drives less to my comp.. so now it sort of represents a guy working at a robust MNC.. Thanks a lot Andyaa...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Aniket Anikhindi said...

way to go dude, way to go!

3:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey vinds....nice stuff u write...cool!

Kabhi humko bhi yaad karo weekend ko ;-)....Rahul

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home