My Realm

Meet me - know me - read my posts and try to figure me! Well I am someone who is always thirsty for adventure, someone who simply hates playing sheep(u know the types - follow the herd!). An enthusiastic trekker, who loves to travel and ever ready for one of those wierd new found sports- luv to make new friends and njoy being my family's pet :)!

Sunday, February 19, 2006

The Shawshank Redemption

IMDB had this movie in its top 10 list for ever, I kept seeing at No.1 for a loong time now. Whilst in WA-US(Washinton state) at Anil's place, copied this movie from him. Its been over 7 months that I have had this movie on the Laptop. "The Shawshank Redemption" seemed to be a dark movie of some sort going ahead at a slow pace, that was my analysis everytime I saw the movie in under 10 seconds just running through.

The lights fizzed off at 4:30 and I was in no mood to go out- so out of the blue decided to watch the movie. Then from daylight to daydark I stared quiet on my bed from 5:30 pm to about 8pm at night! YEah its a loong movie -but I never realised that untill it came to an end.

The movie is truly a masterpiece, keeps going at a slow pace and lets you make friends with all the characters in the movie. You tend to like and dislike the characters as the movie keeps going. But one thing is for sure you are glued to the monitor for all time the movie plays. Now I never knew when this movie was released etc. but now I sure know that it has landed in my list of favourite movies. :)

Funny... I had this movie for so long and always thought of a reason to avoid it. Today was the right mood and time to watch this artform from beinning to end.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Prashant Varma said...

Hey Vindy,
I saw this movie last June and was truly captivated by it. You really felt sorry for the protagonist who was incarcerated for apparently commiting a crime. But the end seems like a revelation although it could get a little discomforting with all the foul things shown.

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home