My Realm

Meet me - know me - read my posts and try to figure me! Well I am someone who is always thirsty for adventure, someone who simply hates playing sheep(u know the types - follow the herd!). An enthusiastic trekker, who loves to travel and ever ready for one of those wierd new found sports- luv to make new friends and njoy being my family's pet :)!

Monday, March 06, 2006

Bookie weekend!

Sat and Sunday both started at 1pm (afternoon). On Saturday did not do much just sat at home the whole day. I had these gift coupons from crosswords worth 5K and dad mom were after me to spend it off. So ok in the evening decided to goto Crosswords -Saurab hall and grab some books.

I had no intention of spending too much in one shot, but again I am unpredictable.

Well in the course of the next 2-3 hours I got me hands on the following books:

1. The Monk Who sold his ferrari
2. The Alchemist
I had heard a lot of these 2 books and definitely wanted to get me hands on them for a long time. I dunno much of what the 2 are based on , but are something pursue your dream types.

3. The Rough Guide to Nepal
4. Trekking in Nepal - Lonely Planet
These books I purchased , since for the last couple of years I have been obsessed with trekking and having done a trek to Everest Base camp, always wanted to get me hands on these books. (Both are comprehensive in every aspect!)

5. The Google Story:
The is one of the new comers, I saw this book and just picked it up. Its a fascinating story of how the 2 founders Larry and Sergey setup one of the biggest company of modern times! Truly inspirational!

Also the following DVD's
1. Sarkar : Always wanted to buy it
2. Tora Tora Tora :Always liked the movie and was impulsive in getting my hands on it.
3. Cracking The DaVinci Code : I liked the novel so figured this should be a good watch.

Also a CD:
1. Rang De Basanti :I loved this movie and also its songs , so decided to buy the original.

Dad got his hands on a couple of Classical cassettes and CD's and a map of Pune book.
Mom picked a Sanjeev Kapoor cookery book :).

Well we left the store paying a bill (gift coupons) worth ~4700/- :) something I never anticipated!

Though I got my hands on good books I was not very content since I could not get a couple of books I wanted (The Sahyadri Companion -YZ trekkers and The Climb - Anatoli Boukreev)

Anyways Saturday evening and night was spent reading "The Google Story". On Sunday late in the evening I decided to try searching for "The Sahyadri Companion" at ABC. Called up Andya, later left with him at around 6:30 to ABC.

HE bought some books on RHCE (Red Hat Certification) from Computer Hut, post that we started the hike up and down all the shops for the trekking book. After a lot of ups and downs we came to this little shop at the begining of ABC (forgot the name :( ) and asked for this book. He said yes and also showed me some other nice illustrative and descriptive Marati books on Sahyadri trekking. I was impressed! At last My book came in - and I was all content!

This book "The Sahyadri Companion / Sangati Sahyadricha" ,I had always heard from my co-trekkers and every one was gaga googoo over this book. They had all the rights to be as well... the book is simply so well written! It has one main book -very discriptive of all treks and routes with wonderful color pictures. Also it has 3 supplements : RockClimbing/Medical Aid Emergencies and Bus/Train timetable!

The other book I liked was "Durge" - it was in Marati though, maybe I would buy it soon!

So in and all the weekend passed by in books - trekking Nepal then trekking in the Sahyadris and wandering around the innovative ways of Larry and Brin!

Was a lazy couch potato weekend :).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home