My Realm

Meet me - know me - read my posts and try to figure me! Well I am someone who is always thirsty for adventure, someone who simply hates playing sheep(u know the types - follow the herd!). An enthusiastic trekker, who loves to travel and ever ready for one of those wierd new found sports- luv to make new friends and njoy being my family's pet :)!

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Dosai suude.. Dosai

What the title means is "Dosas hot .. dosas!" (in tamil). Ever since my current company started offering free food, round the clock mind you, I hardly tasted home made food. I sort of forgot what the original sambaar, dosas, idlis, rasam, bhajjis etc etc tasted like. My stomach caught sycnh with this new official food, or mostly the food I have on treks (which mind you is again a relesishing delicacy in in its own right!).

Schools are having summer vacation now, and hence mom is on vacation! So she is back what she is extremely good at. Preparing amazing mouth watering food (all delicaies I relish on!). So she would try all things melodrams, pammpering etc. to get me in the mood to have some home food. Also since she cooks great and has the time now, she ends up cooking a huge quantity. Lately I was pretty busy, not just in the office but also in treking activities and friend meetups. Due to this I sucessfully managed to get mummy grumpy :-).

So today morning I got up as usual -to the 8am alarm and quit bed at 10:15am, followed all rituals and fresh to face my mom with a question in my hustle bustle :-). "Vinu will you have dosais, I have prepared really amazing ones... ", said mom with this extreme content and satisfaction with a hint of interogation -if I would relish on them. I said "no mom, I am geting late blah blah..." leting out the usual grumble. But jsut before leaving I said "ok, just one.. but make it quik... I am geting late!" (I always am late ... actualy this was the earliest of all late days :-) ). So mom prepared a quick dosai, I had it with tenga (coconut) chutney and sambaar! It tasted good, then I sortof let out "mom dont shut the gas.. one more :-)". Mom was more happy that ever, and quicky prepared another flat steming dosai. This way I cotinued to 4 amazing dosas, mocking my mom over her melodrama she poses to get me to eat:-). Well I must admit, I usualy pose a drama too -like I am in a hurry and all .

So finally, I relished on the taste I had almost forgoten. The hot amazing soft mouthwatering taste of the dosais with the amazing thikat(spicy) chuteny and suude(hot) sambaar. I decided to fill myself up and skip lunch at office. "Daddy also said he will have only moore sadam (curd rice) for lunch" said mom, so very true- after having such mouth watering dosais who can think of lunch!

So all full and tight, post a hot cup of tea -I ended up leaving for office (the whole event lasted hardly 15 mins- but definately amdist melodrama posed by me 'n mom -dad and grandma making guest appearences every now and then :-D ). hahaaa

The day went cool (food wise - all content). Also now my friend decided to throw us a party at Garden Court, so said mummy with a chukkle "serri seerii - latea varuvaya appe - no problem" (ok ok -so will you come late then - no problem) - I could sense the content in her voice (satisfied that I relished heartily over breakfast) !

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hummmmmmmm

8:24 PM  
Blogger Prashant Varma said...

Hey Vindy,
U reminded me of home, dude. My mom too cooks really good Kerala cuisines: idli, dosa (dosha, as we say), uppamma, puttu with kadala curry (steamed rice pwder & grated coconut with Kala chana curry) & these are just breakfast items!!! Lunch was another affair.
Here I have to be content with corn flakes or sandwiches for breakfast.

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vind, Amazing. And I had also tasted dosas made by Aunty. Muh mein paani aa gaya....

Sahi re!!!

Keep it up. Hope you recognise who I am.

6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vind, Amazing. The writeup itself is mouthwatering. Moreover, I have tasted the dosais made by you mom - I am now counting days again when can I have them again.

Amazing Vindy, Amazing. This reminds me of that great taste.

Sahi re!!!

Hope you recognize who I am.

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vind, Amazing. The writeup itself is mouthwatering. Moreover, I have tasted the dosais made by you mom - I am now counting days again when can I have them again.

Amazing Vindy, Amazing. This reminds me of that great taste.

Sahi re!!!

Hope you recognize who I am.

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home