My Realm

Meet me - know me - read my posts and try to figure me! Well I am someone who is always thirsty for adventure, someone who simply hates playing sheep(u know the types - follow the herd!). An enthusiastic trekker, who loves to travel and ever ready for one of those wierd new found sports- luv to make new friends and njoy being my family's pet :)!

Monday, September 01, 2008

Drenched to the N*&&s

It was a wonderful day, had a beautiful ride on Saturday and here I was all ready to gym on Sunday afternoon. Took the long Sus road and burnt some fat, on the way back at about 5pm I decided to pay Sheetal a visit. Called him to ascertain he was around. He was.

Took the motocross path to reach Sheetal's place. The roads were wet with the recent showers. Had a wonderful time chatting out at Sheetal's place playing with his kid and relished some moth-watering idlis prepared by his wife. The discussion went all the way from good 'ol days to the current maket situation to Tom and Jerry! :D

It was 9pm and I had to return, the lightning bolts with thunder was simply unsettling. It was geting late with the rains picking up every minute. Eventually after checking a few times I decided to ride the rain. Sheetal and his better half persuaded me to wait on for more time, but it simply was too late and the rains too tempting. Accepted Sheetal's wind-sheeter to settle him down and stepped into the shower.

The rain was mild when I left and picked up as the engine roared to life. It gained some momentum as I got onto Aundh road and eventually struck hard at Breman circle. The university road stretch was like riding in an ocean. Water puddles everywhere and the clothes I wore made no sense. The wind-sheeter helped keep the needle drops away while the helmet protected my grey. In a few seconds I was sogging wet. My speed was at 50, the visibility was at a bare minimum with my fogging visor. Up it went. The cool drops kissed my face as it trickled down to wet the foam in the helmet. My eyes sensed the cool water as it itched and burnt my globes to free it of all dirt.

The water pounded against me as the skin shivered helplessly to the lashing streaks. The diminishing vision and the lowering speeds with some chilly gusts striking hard rattling my bike over to the untarred side of the tarmac. The puddles lost my tyres grip as I balanced the monster to the dark waters. Loosing direction and barely missing a tree I was back on the road. The cool -the chill -the shiver -the water seeping deep in my chinos, I was helpless. The wrist gripped the throttle as I hummed a few songs to keep the spirit alive. It helped. The University singnal came close as I rode on to S.B road.

The rains seemed relentless, my body grew warmer. I was sogging wet as I rode the empty stretch. The rains seemed invisible to me, it felt like petals flowing against my direction. The open visor let in the cool breeze as my wet face took every drop to cherish its presence. I looked up and around, the rains were there to stay, I smiled. Started humming some beautiful numbers and aloud at that. It was wonderful, simply seemed great -did not want the moment to end. Then came the signal. Somehow the rains seemed foolish at the signals, came straight and hardly got me wet. Many riders next to me were sogging wet as some shivered, some simply got comfortable with the conditions and others doned raincoats -YUKKKK! Why do you need rain coats ! (I ride wet to office as well man... common... enjoy the rains!).

The ride ahead saw the rains diminishing and eventually to drizzles. It was pretty tough to get off the seat, my clothes were a storage of water and each move got the pool cool touch from the wet fabric. I was back home - the ride had come to an end. Mom, Dad simply shook their heads - "When is this boy ever going to learn!.. atleast pretend!!"

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home