My Realm

Meet me - know me - read my posts and try to figure me! Well I am someone who is always thirsty for adventure, someone who simply hates playing sheep(u know the types - follow the herd!). An enthusiastic trekker, who loves to travel and ever ready for one of those wierd new found sports- luv to make new friends and njoy being my family's pet :)!

Monday, August 04, 2008

A fascinating gift...

I always wanted to have one of these bags with a tube jutting off it (Hydration bags). The first time I ever got to see (and sip from) one of these was during my paragliding courses. No sooner did Avi (my instructor) show his hydration pack did we jump like thirsty monsters and almost finished off the whole reserve :). It was a "camelback" hydra-pack I guess.

The concept is really cool. A simply backpack with a 1-2 liter plastic bag that holds the fluid (water/hydration supplements err.. err...) and a tube that comes off it with a rubber stopper like thing at the other end from which you suck the liquid. Its really a handsfree water bottle for that matter.

So ok it looks fascinating, how was it supposed to practically help me other than looking like a showoff item? This backpack can come handy in almost any situation you demand (so long as you don’t feel weird wearing and sucking water off the tube). Practically accepted of course in any adventure/outdoor activity you demand - trekking / bicycling / paragliding / snowboarding / jogging / motor-biking etc etc. I mean if you get too geeky you could sit with one in your office cubicle as you type away... but that’s the reason mentioned the previous list under 'Practically accepted" else you would end up in the wild with hoards of people sucking water in a ration queue or at the bus stop... aggh... my thoughts running wild.

I was meeting Sriram (my cousin) after a long long time. We chatted a lot and he gifted me this backpack and said "you can fill water in this...", I said "oh wow ... its a hydration bag...", he said "yes... here you go". Wow.. I was really happy and am, really, still admiring the bag. It’s a blue "High Sierra" 2 liter Hydration bag. Its amazing - its a very good-go for a small hike (single day) also has a provision to hold you helmet (cycling) and a hook to hang all sorts of things. Really really cool.

Just another reason to get my bums on the saddle again! :)

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger ROhan said...

hehe .. get it man .. get it :)

4:26 AM  
Blogger Aniket Anikhindi said...

for my info..

1) any idea about the cost of this hydra bag?
2) do you have any idea about a sipper bottle with a tube (same concept, but bag replaced with a bottle so that i don't have to carry a backpack just for drinking water..)

tia

3:49 PM  
Blogger vindy said...

:) Very soon Rohan :D

Nike, last time I enquired about this at Adventure one at Kothrud (it was a camelbak) he said it was for ~2.5K. This bag I am not sure of the cost man. Also no idea of the sipper bottle with tube..:( You do get simple sipper bottles anywhere for that matter.

6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praaji..Meinu beer peeni hai us pipe se...

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home