My Realm

Meet me - know me - read my posts and try to figure me! Well I am someone who is always thirsty for adventure, someone who simply hates playing sheep(u know the types - follow the herd!). An enthusiastic trekker, who loves to travel and ever ready for one of those wierd new found sports- luv to make new friends and njoy being my family's pet :)!

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Back to Sketching...

"वळू मंझॆ देवाच्या नावाने सोड्लेला बैल।"... That's how the movie Valu starts off. A very cool and cozy movie. Hilarious and witty too. Loved this movie so much so, bought a DVD of the same.

Soon I decided to rekindle one of my old hobbies - drawing/sketching. So one fine day post office rode down to Venus Traders and picked myself a "good-quality" sketch book and a few pencils. The next couple of days were spent simply admiring the quality of that sketch book :). Well I had to draw and I needed a subject, so my first sketch was that from a news paper. Not too great but just gave me a feel of things.

The following day, I decided to sketch something from Valu. So decided on picking up a scene from the movie where a sketchup of the wild bull is presented. It did seem pretty simplistic, but getting back to the sketching lingo took a few minutes to get used to.

Eventually in about an hour's time at about 12:30am mid-night I was done with my sketch. And boy did it come out well.. it really looked good, this is how it looked:Got a lot of appreciations from friends and family and that made me play more with that pic. Also the fact that some of my friends did not know about my drawing abilities, they simply mocked me saying I modified the original image in some image editing software :), this remark in itself was one of the best appreciations I could get. So took this picture used Adobe Photoshop to add a few colors and man did it come out well:
Just hope to keep up with more sketches, it sure is a stress buster! Still remember the way I got engrossed simply shading the bull, every stroke had to be light and right the choice of pencils had to be correct and the fingers had to quickly brush the lead to shade it right.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Prashant Varma said...

You didn't say anything about the controversy that your sketch created. No one was ready to believe you actually sketched that!!!

8:21 PM  
Blogger vindy said...

Post duly updted sir... I did show Andya my sketch book and he was thrilled looking at the actual pencil sketch :)

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home