My Realm

Meet me - know me - read my posts and try to figure me! Well I am someone who is always thirsty for adventure, someone who simply hates playing sheep(u know the types - follow the herd!). An enthusiastic trekker, who loves to travel and ever ready for one of those wierd new found sports- luv to make new friends and njoy being my family's pet :)!

Friday, August 15, 2008

4 to 8

15th August.. today was independence day... gave it a slow start at about 12 in the afternoon. Hardly could sleep the previous night, no reason why. Anyways the day was all dull with dark clouds and too many missed signs of heavy downpour. Also being 'VaraLaxmi Nombu' a religious ceremony, mom had prepared some delicacies that kept me full.

The missed calls and independence messages kept me busy as I learnt Addy bought a cycle today ...AgggGHHH oh.. the frustration!!. Got all fresh and ready leave for a casual walk as the dark clouds separated at intervals to show blue.

It was 4.

Off I went, as I decided my usual path down Aalka via Deccan and then return via FC road before stopping by Sharwari for tea. But then I thought of adding in some extra miles. So started walking down the empty roads( the newspapers did predict -Pune roads would be empty this weekend for too many bookings were reported by MTDC at various green destinations on the long weekend). Past Alaka and down Deccan ,decided on checking out Shoppers Stop at Wakedewadi as they had an on-going Sale.

Walked under the Garware bridge past the Deccan bus stop, as I helped some lost riders find Laxmi Road, furthur down the Stretch of JM road alongside Shambaji Park post which I crossed over to Ghole road. Here I planned to take the route till NewEnglish school then past the parking lot area to Shimla office.

As I passed Modern School, there was a lot of chaos from the premises as kids participated in various organized sports events. Walking past the Recreation center, I cherished memories of the days I used to play badminton. Soon crossed over to the Parking lot as I walked down the quiet neighborhood and eventually came out the main road at Simla office then walked over the Sanchati bridge and eventually past Patil-estate. At last walked by the complex that held @HOME and Shoppers Stop.

The place was crowded. Cars were parked on the roads 2 wheelers were stuffed in the parking lot. Took the steps to the shop as I wiped the perspiration off my face. I was quick to jog up to the second floor to the casuals section and just as immediately started scanning for green 6-pocket cargos. My current cargo was showing traces of fatigue (if you know what I mean). So scanning up and down the various piles of discounted clothes I eventually gave up and started scanning for a pair of jeans (my current sets share a bad fairy tale). I wanted black so scanned all of the 34" blacks and tried one but hated it it for some weird textures.

Off I went to the far end section of "Branded" (as in costlier) clothes and scanned through their discounts, here I finally tried and picked myself a 36" black jeans branded "MUFTI" at 30% discount. The place was full of clothes and sale. I mean the cashier too was trying to make me buy an ad-on shoppers stop card for 100/- and on my denial he said he would give me some free mp3 CD that pictured the grey bearded BigB. I insisted I pay only for the clothes and no plastic cards :).

Here I asked the cashier to pack the clothes in 2 sets of covers since I'd be walking and chances of getting the clothes wet in rain were high. Dunno what the guy thought, he said "ok sir, I will place in another cover and then you can cover it when it rains, you can also exchange the clothes in 15 days".. did he think I was one of those asking for 2 covers!!! Well I nodded neither yes or no.. I just let a tremor visible on my head :P.

Finally give Crosswords a ritual checkout before zipping down the stairs for my walk back home. The weather was cool with dark clouds. So back I headed past the Wakedewadi underway past Agricultural college and finally onto FC road. Here I followed one of my next rituals of spending some time at Sharvari over a cup of tea. Unfortunately I had to sit inside and not in the balcony since they were expecting rains .. yeah right!! So there I sat sipping my tea as I overheard some aunties behind me gossiping about their daughters and in-laws in the states in "hi-fandu' English ...

Tea came .. gulped down the brew as the 2 of the 3 girls in front of me ordered pav bhaji and the 3rd one (all makeup and lipstick) possibly nodded in denial but insisted she was hungry (what did she want.. pav bhaji with no butter 'n bhaji !?.. maybe some slices of cucumber and lemon juice.. who knows.. ). Their final order was long as I plonk-ed two 5Rupee coins onto the waiters hand before leaving.

So I continued my walk and finally took the Good Luck Cafe gully and past Deccan Gymkhana and eventually walked via ASC(now Cox and Kings). Cherished fond memories of my first office. I just stood there for a minute and could visualize- me dressed in formal black and white on my first interview as I walked off the ASC gate to my parked Kinetic. Walking down these roads with many new made friend and of course the very favourite hangout from college days as well- Rutuja. Gave a smile and smirked as I walked on.

Took the gully that leads bang on to the Garware Gate, here I decided to take the road towards Null stop rather than the usual Garware college bridge road. I had heard a lot about Surendar cycles from the bikeszone community, wanted to give it a 'dheko'. I knew I would not buy anything now, but I just wanted to see this shop. So on I went down the length of Karve road. Just before the Ranka signal, came the Hercules Cycles Surendar cycles shop. This shop looked good and well maintained. I could spot numerous Hercules and LAS models, also noticed a Trek 4300 hung off the wall inside. Well just walked past it, day-dreaming of me paying an amount for a wonderful ride, and took the gully at the signal as I walked down past the hospital and finaly onto Garware Causeway bridge.

Here, I hardly noticed any couples .. which was weird. All I saw were pairs of guyz everywhere. As I walked past all I overheard was various narrations of "I like this girl... he said he likes her... she said no.. she is too modern rao.." Man!!! Looks like the girls gifted themselves a leave today:).

Mom asked me to pickup an insect killer spray so I walked down Vaikuntroad and off Date Studio and into Food World as I picked myself a Mortein spray and a loaf of Plum Cake.

Back home. The clock struck 8. The TV played a tamil movie where Shriya and Dhanush danced around trees.
:|

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home