My Realm

Meet me - know me - read my posts and try to figure me! Well I am someone who is always thirsty for adventure, someone who simply hates playing sheep(u know the types - follow the herd!). An enthusiastic trekker, who loves to travel and ever ready for one of those wierd new found sports- luv to make new friends and njoy being my family's pet :)!

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Dark Working days...

Get up in the morning have the usual cup of milk and race off to work and come back at night watch the football matches till late then sleep and the routiene continues.

But now the seasons have changed, mornings: the weather is dull, afternoons: its a little sunny and evenings: the dark dense thich clouds engulf the skies. The monsoons make it really very hard for me to sit in the confines of the office and work over nothing.

For the last two days most of the city roads were closed due to 2 Palki processions (presumably one for Alandi and another for Pandarpur: I really dont know :) ). The second day (20th June) was pretty huge. We went to the terrace at around 4:30 and enjoyed the steam of people clad in white with "ektaras" and all sorts of traditional wear, dancing merrily to the traditional beats :). Basically there were an estimate of over 3 lack people to pass the city that day. It was a great site.

The next day(21st June) The dark clouds gave awsome views around the city. Aundh, Baner, Khadki, then the city were coming under the umbrella of these dark clouds. These clouds offered some awsome views, as a little opening in the clouds would offer a golden view of the open behind!

The same repeats today as well, its raining outside and I am working inside. Well that it, I am off now :)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Prashant Varma said...

'Basically there were an estimate of over 3 lack people to pass the city that day'.
Its not 'lack'. Its either lac or lakh. I have never seen a Palkhi procession before except for snaps in the newspaper from the ground level. The snap u took from the terrace (I assume) of ur office gave a fantastically different view.
Personally, I don't understand the need for such processions every year which cause inconvenience to more people than the number of people in the procession.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Prashant Varma said...

Now I need to take your permission to post a comment. What an insult!!! I understand that someone has been spamming your comments section but can't you just remove the comment instead of people seeking your approval for posting theirs.

9:12 AM  
Blogger vindy said...

Sorry Pashi.. I really was not aware of that delete feature in the blog comments. Really sorry about that, now that I have educated myself how to go about deleting comments feel free :)

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home